Here is our monthly roundup of our favorite things we found in the blogosphere last month! It’s April, why do we look back to cold and dreary March? Because we found some sweet stuff last month that we want you to know about! That’s why! Also, because April has been totally cold and dreary, so what’s the big diff anyway?
- After our discovery that the unwelcome food additive, carrageenan is in the most unexpected dairy/dairy alterative products, making your own almond milk is a must!
- I love figuring out how to replace artificial or unhealthy sweeteners with the natural variety, sometimes it’s just hard to keep track of them all. Our Nourshing Roots breaks it down in the Ultimate Guide to Natural Sweeteners.
- I was just eyeing up the three bottles of laundry detergent we have left in the basement. It’s an eco-friendly option that I love, but I’m excited to make my own homemade laundry detergent!
- These Raw Honey Lemonade with Blueberry Ice Cubes from The Rising Spoon make me soooo excited for summer flavors!
- Real Food Fajitas? Yes, please! And it’s also a plus that they are freezer friendly. Nothing like pulling an already prepared meal out on a busy weeknight!
- I was at an event this week for work, sharing breakfast with some pretty cool people…but no one at the table touched the butter for their toast. Whaaaaa? No one, except for me that is. That’s why this post from Girl Meets Nourishment made me smile: The Truth about Fats: Why Butter is your Best Friend.
- Gotta love an inexpensive home spa treatment for your skin…homemade microdermabrasion!
- Store bought granola can include some pretty scary stuff, so I appreciated this post from Homemade Mommy, Easy Healthy Homemade Honey Nut Granola.
Any cool recipes or ideas you came across recently? Please share!PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for us to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.