Homemade Maple Pumpkin Butter

20 Sep

Nothing gets me in the mood for Fall like pumpkin. When I visited Trader Joe’s recently, I was happy to see an entire shelving area of all pumpkin products. Most items were on the more process-y side, but some things looked delish. I spotted pumpkin butter on the shelf and decided… I could make it myself.

Homemade Maple Pumpkin Butter | WholeGreenLove.com

Pumpkin Butter with Toast and Creme Fraiche | WholeGreenLove.com

My favorite way to eat pumpkin butter is spread on crackers or toast with a layer of cream cheese or crème fraiche. It would also be delightful on top of baked brie or mixed into plain yogurt.

What’s your favorite pumpkin-y food?

PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for us to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.

11 Responses to “Homemade Maple Pumpkin Butter”

1. Jan October 8, 2013 at 11:45 am #

I make apple butter so this will be a great addition in my pantry! Also, it will be a lovely addition to my gift baskets this year for Christmas ! Thank You !

2. Margarett Fraser October 5, 2013 at 5:10 am #

Sounds wonderful, would love to make as hostess gifts. Can this recipe be canned?

• Laura October 5, 2013 at 2:24 pm #

Sorry Margarett – I’m not sure if this recipe can be canned. I’m not an expert in that area. It would be a great hostess gift though!

3. Nancy September 20, 2013 at 3:48 pm #

This pumpkin butter is delicious! Try it on cinnamon toast.

• Cheryl October 4, 2013 at 6:24 pm #

I look forward to Pumpkin Butter every year,so I’m excited to make this. Thanks

• Julie Behrends-Jones October 5, 2013 at 8:14 am #

You can also make butters in the oven. It reduces the chance of scorching on t he botton of the pan.

• Jan Boru October 5, 2013 at 8:26 am #

Can this be canned?

• Laura October 5, 2013 at 2:23 pm #

I am not an expert on canning, so I’m not sure! Sorry.

Trackbacks and Pingbacks

1. Recipes with Fall Flavor | Whole Green Love - September 29, 2013

[…] is the Maple Pumpkin Butter recipe Laura made recently. You need to try it. […]

2. 5 Fall Recipes | Sarah's Scoop - September 27, 2013

[…] Maple Pumpkin Butter. Maple + Pumpkin = Fall. The end. […]

3. Homemade Maple Pumpkin Butter | Real Food Recipe Roundup - September 24, 2013

[…] See recipe at Whole Green Love […]