Coconut oil is seriously the best. The benefits of this healthful oil include:
- Antifungal and antibacterial properties
- Supports the immune system
- Supports the thyroid gland
- It works great as a skin moisturizer
- It can be heated to a high temperature when cooking without oxidizing
Read more here.
Some people shy away from using coconut oil when they are cooking certain foods because they are worried it will change the taste of their end product, in a bad way. Like, give it too much of a sweet or tropical flavor. I agree and use coconut oil only in certain dishes for cooking, but there are so many awesome ways to use coconut oil.
- Use it to pop popcorn and sprinkle with a little Himalayan salt
- Prep cake pans, muffin tins, pie plates, and baking sheets by coating them with coconut oil, instead of cooking spray
- Plop a tablespoon of it in your smoothie and blend away
- Slather it on your skin as a soothing moisturizer
- Use it as an ingredient in homemade sunscreen
- Put it on scrapes or bites as an anti-septic ointment
- Use it as lip balm
- A little smoothed through your hair can help tame any frizzies
- Use it on baby’s bum as a diaper cream
- Use it as a nipple cream after nursing
- Froth up a spoonful of coconut oil in your coffee
- Combine coconut oil and sugar cane crystals for a moisturizing body scrub
- Mix coconut oil and baking soda for a natural toothpaste
What’s your favorite way to use coconut oil?
Here are some great recipes that include coconut oil:
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for us to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.