Want to know what caught our eye in the month of October? Here is a little reflection and a beautiful photo that we thought screams October…
- I love cooking butternut squash, but sometimes roasting it in the over is a pain and it heats up my kitchen. I like the idea of throwing together crockpot butternut squash.
- I love seeing recipes that call for using the ENTIRE chicken! On my meal planning menu this week is Honey Glazed Chicken. I love the idea of garlic, Dijon mustard, honey, and balsamic flavoring delicious pieces of chicken.
- I love kefir. And do you know what I love even more? The idea of making it myself, so I can’t wait to make homemade kefir soon.
- I have plans to make elderberry syrup this month to boost the immune system during this cold and flu season. I’m also adding fermented cod liver oil as a cure for the common cold in case we come down with something.
- There is nothing better than a beautiful egg dish. I love the idea of a frittata with cauliflower and bacon.
- I love the idea of a savory sweet potato casserole, whether its for breakfast or on the Thanksgiving table.
- Something I need to try when I have some time off over the holidays – How to make a sourdough starter
- You know we can’t get enough of those fall flavors, so why not make another roasted butternut squash recipe?
- I made this natural homemade bleach and love it! Homemade non-toxic bleach + sun dried clothes on the line = Love.
- I have a week and a half off of work over the Christmas holiday this year and we aren’t going anywhere, besides visiting our families to celebrate the holiday. Vacation Goal: Culture fruits and vegetables at home. I’ve been wanting to start fermenting foods for a while now. And make kombucha. It’s time.
- I always love a good article that encourages breast feeding, offers practical advice, and gives great breast feeding tips.
- I neeeed to make homemade mascara! So cool.
Can you believe it’s November already?!